Hoyt Sherman Place stands today thanks to forethought, planning, and hard work that occurred more than a century ago. When donors make a Planned Gift, they ensure that legacy for another 100 years. The following is designed to help supporters determine which giving methods will work best for them.
IT ONLY TAKES A FEW STEPS TO ENSURE YOUR LEGACY.
Planned gifts through your will, retirement account, life insurance, annuity, or another financial planning vehicle allows you the opportunity to make a substantial gift to Hoyt Sherman Place without depleting your day-to-day or retirement income. These gifts can also provide you with tax advantages.
Did you know that you can name Hoyt Sherman Place as a beneficiary?
By designating Hoyt Sherman Place as a beneficiary in your will, your gift:
- Continues the legacy of events in the theater
- Ensures the ongoing preservation of the mansion
- Safeguards the art and collections
- Maintains the extensive grounds
- Expands educational initiatives like Project S.T.A.G.E.
Some advantages to including Hoyt Sherman Place in your will include:
- It does not deplete day-to-day or retirement income
- Gifts may provide tax advantages for the donor’s estate
- You can change the designation or the amount any time
- Inclusion of Hoyt Sherman Place can be as simple as a phone call or completing a form with your financial advisor
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Think about all the places holding your money. They may include:
- Bank Accounts
- Insurance Policies
- Retirement Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Brokerage Accounts
- Land Deeds
Did you designate a beneficiary when those accounts were created? Is that beneficiary still the party to which you wish to gift the funds? And finally, did you notify the person that they are the beneficiary?
If you answered yes to all of those questions, congratulations! But, if you answered “no,” you might have some work to do.
When you name Hoyt Sherman Place as a beneficiary in your estate planning, funds may be donor designated, or their use will be determined by the Board of Directors.
Questions? LET’S CONNECT
For more information regarding Planned Giving at Hoyt Sherman Place, please contact Robert Warren at 515.348.6943 or email using the button below.
Always consult your financial advisor before making beneficiary decisions.